Bacon Wrapped Pork Bites – Juicy, tender bites of pork loin wrapped in a layer of crispy bacon, and seasoned with flavorful, smokey spices and caramelized brown sugar.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Bites
Whip out this quick and easy recipe for any dinner party or game day event. They will fly off the plate! These perfect little bite-sized nuggets of pork are seasoned with the smokey, flavorful spices of paprika and dark chili powder, a kick of cayenne, and a glaze of brown sugar. They work together with the fatty bacon to create a deliciously crisp pork nugget.
You can serve them as an appetizer or with some French fries for a very happy meal. I made these as a protein-rich breakfast for Babe, with just five chunks and a side of veggies he is fully satisfied until lunchtime. I’m just saying, this is a versatile lunch, dinner, snack, appetizer, potluck option.
How to Bake Extra Crispy Bacon Wrapped Pork Bites
The key to making these bacon wrapped pork bites so that they get nice and crispy is to bake them on a baking rack at a high temperature.
The fat from the bacon is going to render and keep the bites nice and juicy. While the rack will allow the heat to get under the pork bites and let the extra fat drip down to the baking sheet.
Once the pork is cooked, you want to broil the bacon so you get these nice and crisp charred bits on the bacon.
Grilled Pork Bites
These pork bites are totally grill friendly. All we need to do is take a few more steps. If you’re going to grill the pork bites, you want to make sure the bacon isn’t falling off all over the place.
So, what do we do? We use toothpicks! To prevent the toothpicks from burning, let a stack of toothpick soak in water for an hour before grilling.
Once you have seasoned the pork loin chunks, wrap the bacon around them and stab a toothpick into it where the two ends of bacon meet.
The fat from the bacon dripping onto the fire is going to add a whole other level of flavor. You’ll want to keep a watchful eye on the bites as they cook on the grill because the flames from the bacon fat may burn them.
Pro tip: Have a bottle of beer ready near by. If you see the flames going a little too wild, just drizzle a little beer over the hot spots to cool it gown.
Pork Bites in an Air Fryer
If you have an air fryer, use it! You’ll have to cook the bites in batches, but you will definitely get
Some Related Recipes
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Bites with Brown Sugar
- 12 oz bacon ($4.99)
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin chops, diced ($4.08)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar ($0.03)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon complete seasoning ($0.04)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dark chili powder ($0.04)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt ($0.01)
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika ($0.02)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper ($0.02)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin ($0.01)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper ($0.01)
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, complete seasoning, dark chili powder, salt, paprika, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Dice pork loin chops into 1-inch cubes and season with spice mixture.
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Cut slices of bacon into thirds and wrap each cube of pork with a slice and place on the baking rack, leaving some room in between each piece.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and rotate halfway through.
- Increase the temperature to broil at 500ºTo get the bacon evenly crispy, flip pork bites to each side and allow to broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with a garnish of minced parsley.