The Best Valentine’s Dessert – Chocolate Pizookie and Strawberries
Does anything sound better than a warm and indulgent double chocolate chip
Cooking Tips and Substitutions
We use country crocks margarine spread because it’s much cheaper than buying sticks of butter. It’s not a perfect substitute, because batters tend to be more runny when using margarine, but it’s easily fixed with a little extra flour. If you would like to use actual butter, start with 1 cup of flour.
I love the cinnamon in this recipe, it really gives the chocolate another layer of depth. If you have leftover I recommend having a slice with a cup of coffee, (eyes literally rolling into my head) so good.
Strawberry Ice Cream
We made our own for this recipe. Heavy cream was on sale and I wanted to do a few different things with it like our Strawberries and Cream Chocolate Cups for valentines day. Make our homemade Strawberry Ice Cream, No Machine necessary! Just a couple of zip top bags and some vigorous shaking.
Double Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Pizookie With Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup margarine + 2 Tbspn
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 scoops strawberry ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or pie dish with 2 tablespoons of margarine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together margarine, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low.
- Reserve a small handful of chocolate chips and fold in the rest into the batter. Pour the batter into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the edges are crisp and the cookie is cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm topped with strawberry ice cream.