Too Much Pillsbury Dough and Some Leftover Cranberries
The thing about living in the Cayman Islands is that when something is on sale it’s because it’s going to expire soon. It’s often a fact I forget before purchasing a butt load of Pillsbury dough.
So that’s where this recipe started, with too much dough and a bit of Christmas spirit.
There’s not much to this tasty loaf of cranberry monkey bread. Buttery, flaky biscuits coated in fragrant rosemary and thyme baked with pockets of our deliciously, sweet and tart cranberry sauce.
It’s simple, and if you’re ready to make it, let’s jump right to it!
Cranberry Monkey Bread with Rosemary and Thyme
- 1 can of Pillsbury honey butter biscuits ($1.79 KYD)
- 2 tablespoon margarine ($0.06 KYD)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary ($0.27 KYD)
- 1 teaspoon thyme ($0.32 KYD)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup cranberry sauce ($0.49 KYD)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix melted butter, rosemary, and thyme.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and place in a small bowl. Pour butter mixture over pieces of biscuit dough and toss until coated.
- In a greased loaf pan, place a third of the biscuits and spoon in dollops of cranberry sauce, filling in the pockets. Repeat until all the biscuits are in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until golden brown.