We are making a 15-minute personal-sized hummus flatbread pizza. A crispy flatbread crust topped with creamy hummus, gooey mozzarella, tangy feta, aromatic Italian seasoning and juicy plum tomatoes.
Da Heck!? What is A Mediterranean Hummus Flatbread Pizza?
I know, it’s so vague because the mediterranean diet consists of so much. But when I think of some staples, I think of tomatoes, olives, olive oil, aromatic herbs, fresh vegetables, seafood, hummus, feta cheese, and so many refreshing and delicious ingredients.
So when I imagined what to do with some extra hummus, I knew that these refreshing ingredients could go wonderfully together. That’s when it popped into my head, Mediterranean pizza.
So what’s a mediterranean pizza? It’s a delicious flatbread topped with creamy hummus, shredded mozzarella, and your choice of mediterranean inspired toppings
What Does A Mediterranean Pizza Have On It
There are four core ingredients for this pizza: Flatbread, hummus, mozzarella cheese, and toppings.
Flatbread – Flatbread is any dough made with flour, salt, and water that’s rolled out flat and baked. Which include naan, pita, and chapatis. You can choose your preferred kind of flatbread. Naan tends to be more expensive but makes a lighter fluffier crust. Pita will be crispier, which is what we used.
* If you don’t have any flatbread, you can make this quick and easy Instant No-Yeast Naan Bread
Mozzarella Cheese – Did you think we would have pizza without mozzarella!? There is no passing on this essential topping.
Toppings – Well that’s vague, but no worries, here’s a list of mediterranean inspired toppings that would be absolutely fantastic.
- Plum or Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken Breast
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Green peppers
- Red Peppers
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil
How to Make Hummus Flatbread Pizza
This pizza is so easy to make, and once you’ve assembled it, all you have to do is pop it in the toaster-oven, or regular oven if you’re making a few.
- Spread a thick layer of hummus on your flatbread.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, a sprinkle of feta and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a 400ºF oven until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Let’s waste less food.
- Feta Cheese – We love using this cheese on salad, in grazing tables, and topped over watermelon with balsamic vinegar.
- Plum Tomatoes – Are great for caprese salads, salsas, homemade sauces.
You Might Also Like These:
Mediterranean Hummus Flatbread Pizza
- 1 pita bread ($0.33)
- 1/4 cup hummus spread ($0.44)
- 2 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese, divided ($0.56)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ($0.25)
- 1/4 plum tomato, sliced ($0.07)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning ($0.01)
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF
- Spread a thick layer of hummus on your pita bread.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, half of the crumbled feta, and a sprinkle Italian seasoning.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Top with fresh crumbled feta.